Thursday, March 24, 2005

Charles How (1661-1745)

My adorable God,
I humbly beseech Thee to accept the sacrifice I here,
in all humility,
desire to make to Thee,
of the remainder of my life;
to be entirely employed,
with the utmost vigour both of my soul and body,
in Thy service and adoration.
Pardon all the sins and offences of my life past,
and be pleased to bestow upon me
a steadfast faith,
an ardent love,
an humble and perfect obedience,
and a will capable of no other inclination
than what it shall continually receive
from the absolute guidance of Thy divine will;
to which I beg it may ever be perfectly subservient,
with all readiness and cheerfulness.
As all my thoughts and actions are continually before Thee,
so I humbly beseech Thee,
that they may never be unworthy
of Thy divine Presence,
for Jesus Christ’s sake.
Amen

No comments: